- 20ml Olive oil
- 150g Onion (chopped)
- 6 Rashers smoked streaky bacon (cut into small lardons)
- 150g Carrot (finely chopped)
- 150g Celeriac (finely chopped)
- 450g Butternut squash (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 130g Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 5ltrs Water
- 35g Bisto Ham Bouillon
- Cracked black pepper
- Melt the olive oil in a deep casserole pan, add the onions and bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celeriac and continue cooking for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the squash, potato and water, bring to the boil, stir well and reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for approximately 30 minutes until all vegetables are soft, then add the bouillon and stir until dissolved.
- Purée the soup in a blender, add pepper to taste and then re-heat thoroughly and serve.