Bombay Sweet Potatoes
Ideal as an Indian side dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 900g Sweet Potatoes - Peeled
- 100g Butter or Ghee
- 50g Brown Sugar,
- 50g Sharwood's Green Label Mango Chutney
- 100g Sharwood's Tikka Curry Paste
- 2Q Lemon Juice
- 2Q tsp salt
- 1Q tsp Black Pepper
- 1Q 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Cut the peeled sweet potatoes into thick rounds and arrange in a greased roasting tin or large casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the Sharwood's Green Label Mango Chutney & Sharwood's Tikka Curry Paste, sugar, lemon juice, salt, black pepper & cinnamon. Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the butter mixture over the potato rounds to coat, cover and bake in a pre-heated oven 180C/350F/Gas 5 for 20-30 minutes.
- Uncover, stir the potato mixture gently and continue roasting for a further 15 minutes to caramelise the potatoes Serve garnished with chopped fresh coriander or basil leaves.
Ideal as a side dish to Indian meals or roast pork, chicken or turkey. Can also be made with carrots, shallots or parsnips.