- 75g Butter
- 1 Large onion (finely diced)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1.5g Pumpkin (diced)
- 50g McDougalls Plain Flour
- 1l Milk
- 40g Bisto Vegetable Bouillon
- 1kg Fresh spinach (wilted and drained)
- 2g Fresh sage (chopped, approx 4 leaves)
- 400g Cheese (grated)
- 400g Fresh lasagne sheets
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a pan, melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic and pumpkin and cook for about five minutes so the pumpkin starts to colour. Add the flour and stir.
3. Gradually add milk, stirring so it makes a smooth sauce. Add the Bisto Vegetable Bouillon to flavour, and season the sauce.
4. Add the wilted spinach and sage, then simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and add half of the grated cheese.
5. Build your lasagne in a lightly greased ovenproof dish, starting with a thin layer of pumpkin and spinach sauce, followed by lasagne sheets and then again with the sauce. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
6. Top lasagne with the remaining cheese and bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes
Butternut squash makes a delicious alternative to pumpkin
Check Lasagne Sheets label for additional allergen information.