Gluten-Free Sausage & Mash
Making a great mash should be easy but it’s often not. Here we outline a few simple steps to great sausage and mash using Bisto’s Gluten-Free Gravy.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2kg Potatoes (floury/starchy potatoes, such as Desiree)
- 100g Unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 10g Fresh chives (finely chopped)
- 2.5kg Gluten-Free pork sausages
- 20ml Vegetable oil
- 75g Bisto Gluten-Free Gravy
- 1l Boiling Water
- Salt & Pepper
1. Cut the potatoes into even-sized chunks and place in a large pan of salted cold water, then bring to the boil.
2. Once fully cooked, drain and allow the steam to come off the potatoes before you start to mash them.
3. Mash the potatoes until smooth and then beat in the butter, then the chives and season. Place to one side and keep warm.
4. In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and then gently fry the sausages for approximately 10 minutes or until fully cooked. Place to one side and keep warm.
5. For the gravy, whisk the Bisto Gluten-Free Gravy into the boiling water.
6. To service, place three sausages on a bed of chive mash and pour over the Bisto Gluten-Free Gravy.
- For an even smoother mash, pass the potatoes through a ricer
- Add any butter or cream at room temperature to ensure it blends evenly into the potatoes. Always taste and then season.
- Why not try adding cabbage, cream and onions for a Colcannon or spring onions for a classic Irish Champ
Check Sausages for additional allergen information.