Sharwood’s Chicken Curry inside a McDougalls Soft Bap
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 15ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 450g Diced chicken
- 225g Sweetcorn
- 225g Frozen peas
- 225g Cooked potato, diced
- 350g Homepride Korma Sauce
- 900g McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
- 550ml Warm water
- In a Wok or Saucepan, fry the onion in the oil until transparent. Add the chicken and fry quickly until browned.
- Add the sweetcorn, peas, potatoes and Homepride Korma Sauce, stir well and simmer until the chicken is cooked. Leave to cool slightly.
- Make up the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix. Place the mix in a bowl fitted with a dough hook. Blend in the water on slow speed for 1 minute and then mix for 10 minutes on medium speed. Cover and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Scale the dough into 20 x 75g (3oz) portions and roll each into a 15cm (6in) circle.
- Place a spoonful of the filling mix into the centre of each round and bring the edges together in the middle. Press together well to seal and then turn the bap over and place on a greased baking tray.
- Leave to prove in a warm place for 15 - 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a hot oven a hot oven for 10-15 minutes at 200°C/400°F/ Gas Mark 6 ,until golden brown
As an alternative add cooked sweet potato or butternut squash instead of potato.