Fresh beetroot soup made with Bisto Vegetable Bouillon Paste.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Serving Size: 300 approxg
- 1000g Fresh Beetroot
- 2tbls Vegetable Oil
- 450g Carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 200g Onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 50g Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2tbls Caraway seeds
- 40g Bisto Vegetable Bouillon Paste
- 2000ml Boiling Water
- Remove the leaves leaving just 1 of stalk from the beetroot this will stop excessive bleeding of colour from the beet. Place onto a shallow roasting tin with the oil and a little water and cover tightly with foil. Roast for 1 hour at 180c/375f/ gas mark 6, remove from the oven allow to cool until they can be handled then skin and chop.
- Place all the vegetables, Garlic, Bay leaf & Caraway seeds in a deep pan.
- Mix the Bouillon paste into the boiling water and pour over the vegetables,bring to the boil and simmer covered for 1 hour
- Remove the bay leaf and season to taste with salt and black pepper, liquidize the soup until smooth. Reboil and adjust the consistency.
If you like your beetroot pickled, try adding a little balsamic vinegar to the soup at the end for a tangy bite