Beef Pot Roast
Beef pot roast with Bisto Bouillon & Bisto Gravy.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Serving Size: 580g
- 3600g Silverside of beef joint
- 1tsp Black Pepper, cracked
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1000ml Water
- 20g Bisto Beef Bouillon
- 400g Onion, 10mm dice
- 400g Carrot, 10mm dice
- 400g Swede, 10mm dice
- 75g Bisto Gravy Granules
- 250g Onion, finely chopped
- 10ml Olive Oil
- 560g McDougalls Self Raising Flour
- 5g Mustard Powder
- 275g Suet
- 1tbls Chives, fresh - chopped
- 5g Horseradish sauce
- 25ml Cold Water
- Combine the pepper & paprika and rub spice mix mixture to cover the beef.
- Make up the Bisto Beef Bouillon as per instructions on pack.
- In an ovenproof dish, combine the seasoned beef with the diced onion and Bisto Bouillon.
- Cover the dish and cook on the stove, on a low heat for 2 hours, or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, and after 5 minutes the swede and continue cooking.
- Sprinkle in the Bisto Gravy Granules and stir until thickened.
FOR THE DUMPLINGS
- Fry 250g onion in the oil until brown and caramelised, then allow to cool.
- Sieve the mustard powder and flour together.
- Add the suet, chives, horseradish and cooked onion, and season with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle the water over all the ingredients and mix, adding a little more water if required, until all the mixture comes together to form a dough.
- Divide the mixture into 20 and roll each one into a round ball, cover and allow to rest in the fridge for approx. 30 minutes.
- Place the dumplings into the pot roast approx 20 minutes before serving.
To serve, slice the beef into thick slices, cover with the sauce and place the dumplings on top.
Check Mustard and Horseradish label for additional allergen information.