Fish battered, just the way you like it! McDougalls Fish Batter stays crisper for longer!!
Prep Time: —
Cooking Time: —
Serving Size: 280g
- 500g McDougalls Fish Batter Mix
- 900ml water
- 20 (approx 200g each) fillets/steaks of white fish (pollock or hake)
- 200g plain flour (well seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 20 wedges of lemon
- Place the batter mix into a bowl fitted with a whisk and blend in the water on a slow speed. Scrape down and then continue to whisk on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Ensure the fish is dry and then dip both sides in the seasoned flour.
- Dip the fish in the batter and then place into a deep fat fryer at 180C/350F for approx 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.
For a crispier batter make up with sparkling water or for beer batter substitute half the water for beer. You can also add herbs and spices or try adding a little smoked paprika for both colour and flavour.