- 1000g Maris Piper or King Edward Potatoes
- 20 75g Pork Sausages
- 30ml Olive oil
- 400g Red Apples skin on, cored and cut into thick wedges
- 600g Small Red Onions cut into wedges
- 3 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2tsp Fennel seeds
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 10g Bisto Chicken Bouillon Paste
- 500ml Boiling water
- Wash and slice the potatoes 2mm thick, leaving the skin on. Place the sausages and potatoes onto a flat bakeing tray and drizzle with the oilive oil, season and place into a pre-heated oven 170c/325f/Gas mark 3 for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/3 of the sliced potatoes onto the bottom of a suitable sized casserole dish, add the sausages, apple, onions, garlic, fennel seeds and rosemary and top with the remaining sliced potatoes neatly overlapping.
- Add the Bisto Chicken Bouillon paste to the boiling water and stir until dissolved, pour over the potatoes and place into the oven 180c/350f/Gas mark 4 for 1 hour. Every 20 minutes press the potatoes down with a fish slice.
- The potatoes should now be crispy, serve sprinkled with chopped parsly
For a vegetarian option use Quorn Sausages and substitute the chicken bouillon paste for vegetable paste. Brush the potatoes with a little butter if you want them a bit more brown and crispy. If you want a thicker sauce add some McDougalls thickening granules to the Bouillon
Check Sausages label for additional allergen information.