- 500g McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
- 300g Baked Beans
- 150g Onion, chopped
- 175ml Warm water
- 125g Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 5 Rashers unsmoked bacon, chopped
- 175g Cheese, grated
- Place the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix, Baked Beans and chopped onion into a bowl fitted with a dough hook. Blend in the water and mix on medium speed for 8 minutes until a soft elastic dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle to fit a greased 25cm x35cm (10 x 14) tin.
- Leave the dough to prove in a warm place for about 15 minutes until the dough is well risen and springs back when touched.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7 for 10-15 minutes until well risen and golden. If using a fan oven, reduce the temperature to 200C.
- Spread the base with Homepride Tomato and Basil Sauce, top with grated cheese and sprinkle with bacon.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden and the bacon is cooked.
For a vegetarian version, replace the bacon with chopped Quorn sausage. The cooked base can be frozen at the end of stage 4 and then defrosted and topped as required.
Check Bacon & Beans labels for additional allergen information.