Apricot and Orange Scones
McDougalls Scone Mix made up with orange juice and dried apricots.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 450g McDougalls Scone Mix
- 50g Dried Apricots chopped
- 75ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 100ml Water
- Place the McDougalls Scone Mix in a bowl with the apricots. Using a dough hook blend in the water and orange juice until a soft dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and then roll to 13mm (1/2) thickness and cut into rounds using a 5cm (2) cutter.
- Place the scones onto a greased baking tray and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. For fan assisted ovens bake at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
Check Apricots label for additional allergen information.