Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serving Size: 94g
- 750g McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
- 375g Canned apple, finely chopped
- 210ml Warm water or apple juice
- 200g Bird's ready to use custard
- 300g Canned apples, finely chopped
- 1tsp Ground cinnamon
- 50g Demerara sugar
- Place the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix and 375g canned apple in a bowl fitted with a dough hook. Blend in the warm water or apple juice on slow speed to form dough, and then mix on medium speed for 8 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll one half of the dough into a large rectangle and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Spread the centre of the dough with a quarter of the Bird's ready to use custard and a quarter of the chopped apples. Mix together the Demerara sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle a teaspoon on the top of the apple.
- Fold the bottom half of the dough up so it covers the filling and then top with another quarter of the custard and apples and sprinkle with the sugar. Fold the top half over this. Press down lightly.
- Cut into 10 equal pieces. Place swirls in a deep tin, cut side up. Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar mixture over the top of the swirls. Repeat with remaining dough, custard, apples and sugar mixture.
- Leave to prove in a warm place for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Bake at 220°C (200°C Fan) /425°F/Gas Mark 7 for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool.
For variety try using other fruit such as canned peaches or apricots.