Apple & Sultana Bread
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 500g McDougalls White Bread and Roll Mix
- 250g Canned Apple chopped
- 150g Sultanas
- 150ml Apple Juice, warmed
- Place the McDougalls White Bread mix, apple & sultanas in a bowl fitted with a dough hook. Blend in the warm apple juice on slow speed for one minute, scape down and then mix for a further 6 minutes on medium speed.
- Shape the dough into a large sausage shape, to fit a greased 1kg (2lb 4oz) loaf tin.
- Leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Bake at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 minutes. For fan assisted ovens cook at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
Ideal served for breakfast or as a snack. Delicious toasted with low fat soft cheese or honey.