Apple and Spice Muffins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 775g McDougalls Plain Muffin Mix
- 225ml Cold Water
- 100g Solid pack apple chopped
- 1Q 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 75g Oats
- 25g Demerara Sugar
- Place the McDougalls Plain Muffin Mix into a mixing bowl fitted with a beater. Blend in the water on slow speed for 1 minute, scrape down the bowl and add the apple, mixed spice and 50g (2oz) of the oats and mix for a further 1 minute on medium speed. Do not overmix.
- Using an ice cream scoop divide the batter between 12 muffin cases sprinkle with sugar and the remaining oats.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to touch. For fan-assisted ovens, reduce temperature to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
Check Oats for additional allergen information.