- 750g McDougalls Soft Bap Mix
- 375g Canned apples, chopped
- 210ml Apple juice, warmed
- 200g Icing sugar
- 3tbls Fruit juice
- Place the McDougalls Soft Bap Mix and chopped apple into a bowl fitted with a dough hook. Blend in the warm apple juice on a slow speed for one minute, scrape down then knead for a further 6 minutes on a medium speed.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle to fit a greased 25cm x 35cm (10 x 14) baking tin. Cover and leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 minutes until golden. For fan assisted ovens cost at 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix together the icing sugar and fruit juice (can substitute water) to make a smooth icing. The icing can be spread over the top of the buns, or drizzled for a lighter topping.
As an alternative add some chopped apricots.