Apple and Cinnamon Scone
McDougalls Scone Mix with apple and ground cinnamon
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
Serving Size: 90 approxg
- 1000g McDougalls Scone mix
- 200ml Apple(peeled and grated)
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 400ml Cold water
- 1 Egg (egg wash)
- 75ml Milk (egg wash)
- Place the McDougalls Scone mix into a mixing bowl fitted with a beater add the grated apple, cinnamon and water and blend in on SLOW speed until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 15ml(1/2) thickness, cut into rounds using a 7cm(3) cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased, flat baking tray and brush with egg wash. Bake at 200c/425f/Gasmark 7 for 10-15 minutes.When the scones are cooked remove onto a cooling wire immediately.
Do not over mix the dough on the mixer as this will result in heavy scones.