Panettone Baked Pudding
In this version we take chunks of Panettone, soak then in the custard mix and bake in a low oven, then glaze with marmalade and top with toasted flaked almonds.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hours
Serving Size: 190g
Meal Type: Dessert
- 500ml Ambrosia Custard
- 500ml Milk (full fat)
- 6 Whole Eggs (medium)
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 400g Panettone Bread (3cm chunks)
- 100g Marmalade
- 50g Flaked Almonds (toasted)
- Whisk together the custard, milk, eggs & sugar; then pass through a sieve
- Place the chunks of Panettone into a suitable baking dish and pour over the custard mix
- Set the oven at 140c and allow the pudding to stand while the oven comes upto temp
- Place the pudding into the oven and bake for approx 1 hour or until a skewer comes cleanly out of the centre of the pudding
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Place the marmalade in a small pan, with a little water and bring to a simmer
- Brush the marmalade glaze evenly over the top of the pudding
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve warm
To enrich a little more, why not add a drop of Amaretto liqueur and mixed vine fruits.
Check Panettone label for additional allergen information.